If it aint 'Ard it aint fun!

8th & 9th Aug

This weekend was Race Weekend, although it nearly never happened with people pulling out and plans changing up to the last minute.  It did happen and on Saturday me and my Brother in Law headed off to the Yorkshire Dales to set up camp for the weekend.




The event was an Enduro set up which is very like a rally with 5 timed stages, mainly downhill, and big un-timed transitions (read climbs!) in between.

Saturday was practice and what I learnt was that all of my training this year that I am not made for slow pedaling and then going all out for 3-4 mins.  I am only good for riding slowly all day, so this was tough.  Cramp set in and I limped round the course.

Back at camp and it was time for tea and some beers.  We nipped to the local pub and talked race tactics

With the trip so close I didn't want to risk injury so I treated the race like a normal practice and rode at my own pace and just enjoyed the route, which was pretty good!



Finished about halfway up the nearly 1,000 entrants which was OK considering, with a good weekend all round, a professional set up and a good atmosphere throughout the entire event



No comments:

Post a Comment