Not Worthy

February.

February, a month filled with anniversary's and birthdays with an added trip to America thrown in for good measure.

After a good start in January, this month turned out to be somewhat more difficult.  This was mainly due to a work trip out to the US of A and a week in Atlanta.  Now, don't get me wrong the trip was good both work wise and of course getting out there, but with no bike and not a salad in sight it was a tough week for training.

I did manage to get some running in, and I hate running so that was some effort for me!

Once back home I managed to pick up the training a little and got some good commutes in (a 28K commute I might add) and I got back tat the gym.

February also included a night of shame, but a great night too.
For all of Gemma's and her friends fundraising efforts last year in which they raised over £7,000 whilst completing the small task of climbing Mount Killimanjaro the were invited to a night of great celebration as the Jane Tomlinson appeal celebrated hitting the amazing milestone of raising over £7 million pounds over the years.

Its an amazing accident and it was nice that many of the fundraisers over the years were invited to celebrate.

How I managed to get involved was beyond me as so far I have raised not a penny, but invited I was. I think this goes to show how much of a friendly organisation the appeal is and after just two meetings with the team (and no doubt being married to Gemma) they felt I was worthy of an invite.

It was an amazing night with lots of fantastic people and stories to match.  Leaving me, the freeloader with a huge weight wondering how I can come even somewhere close to what others have done before me.



Better get a good just giving page up then eh.  justgiving - HimalayanMTBchallenge

I had a little birthday to celebrate too of course

No comments:

Post a Comment